Of all the rooms in our house, most people would agree that a good bathroom cleaning is at the top of the list. A dirty bathroom can be a real turn-off to guests (even our own family members!) That’s why we’ve put together the ultimate bathroom cleaning guide that can get your bathroom sparkling clean and ready for guests.
Of course, if bathroom cleaning isn’t on your to-do list—or you don’t have time to add it—there is always the option to bring in a professional home cleaner to get your bathroom cleaned and disinfected. (Use these questions to hire the right cleaner for the job.)
Bathroom Cleaning Supply List
- Grout Cleaner
- Toilet Brush
- Toilet Cleaner
- Floor Cleaner
- Glass Cleaner
- Countertop/Tub Cleaner
- Shower Door Cleaner
- Microfiber Cloths
- General Cleaner
- Disinfecting Spray
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Rubber Gloves (and other protective gear)
Bathroom Cleaning Tips
- Always start at the top of the bathroom and work your way to the floor.
- Gather up bathroom cleaning supplies and keep them together in a tote for a faster clean.
- Use manufacturer-approved flooring cleaners to make sure the warranty is not voided.
- Never use a steam cleaner on wood floors which can damage the floor.
- If there is a film or hard water spots on shower doors, test the cleaner on a small area to see if it works and avoid damaging the glass.
- Wear protective gear to avoid any health problems from abrasive cleaners.
- Completely remove vent covers and light fixture covers for an easier clean in another area (like a sink).
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove spider webs and dust from corners (especially in the room corners).
- Don’t forget to clean and disinfect accessories like soap containers and toothbrush holders.
- Always test grout cleaners before using to ensure it doesn’t discolor grout.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
___ Completely clean and dust ceiling light/fan fixtures
___ Dust the frame and clean the glass on hanging artwork and photos
___ Wash vent covers
___ Remove dust and cobwebs in corners
___ Wash windows
___ Dust blinds/Launder curtains (if recommended in cleaning instructions)
___ Dust all door trim, crown molding, ledges, and shelves
___ Wipe down top of cabinets and cabinet doors
___ Deep clean shower door and shower door frame
___ Wipe down around top of shower surround or tile
___ Scrub tile grout in shower
___ Clean shower and tub faucets
___ Scrub sink and sink faucet
___ Deep clean bathroom countertop
___ Wipe down wainscotting
___ Deep clean tub
___ Clean mirror
___ Wipe down toilet (from top to bottom)
___ Clean wall behind toilet
___ Dust trim behind toilet
___ Clean floor around toilet
___ Scrub bathroom floor grout (for tile)
___ Deep clean bathroom floor
___ Dust bathroom door
___ Wipe away dust on floor trim
___ Disinfect waste basket