Cleaning your house is as simple as…cleaning your house, right? Unfortunately, the answer is no. We’re all guilty of making small mistakes in our cleaning routine that don’t achieve the clean, sparkling goal we set out with. Or worse, we damage surfaces because we don’t know any better, and make these common cleaning mistakes:
- Washing windows on a sunny day. It’s so tempting to wash those windows when the shining sun reveals the dog noses, fingerprints and streaks that you don’t normally see. Unfortunately, the sun is also the enemy as you wash windows. The sun dries out your cleaner before you get the job done.
- Scrubbing carpet stains. Do you apply some serious elbow grease into scrubbing those pet stains, spilled juice or muddy footprints? You may be damaging your carpet fibers. Next time you need to clean up carpet stains, don’ scrub. Blot at your carpet with a moist cloth to remove the spill.
- Mopping your wood floor with water. Repeat after us: water and wood do not mix. Sitting water is the enemy for wood floors, causing water damage and warped floor boards. To clean your floors, use a cleaner and soft dust mop to clean up spills and give your floors a new shine.
- Being unintentionally abrasive. Is that sponge the right tool for your cleaning? What effect will that cleaner have on the surface you’re working on? Don’t go into a cleaning job without knowing if you are going to damage that flooring, counter top, table or other surface you’re cleaning.
- Stressing out because you can’t do it all. This is one of the worst cleaning mistakes: not taking time for yourself, or spending all your free time trying to keep up with the daily and monthly cleaning tasks around your house. Contact a cleaning service to arrange a schedule that works for you, giving you a clean house so you can keep up with your busy schedule and still have a clean house.
Remember, hiring a cleaning service does not have to mean that you give up cleaning your house. If you need a cleaning service only before you entertain guests, contact a local, reliable cleaning service. Another option is to give your cleaning service a specific task, such as laundry or bathrooms. It’s easy to do: just call the cleaning service and give instructions about what you want done. The cleaning service will send out a cleaner who won’t make common cleaning mistakes, and you can have a brand new home.