Day porter services is a term used to describe a collection of services that keep almost every part of a facility clean and well-kept. Day porters provide behind-the-scenes maintenance without being overt about their duties; they keep every interior and exterior space presentable for clients and customers, and hygienic and neat for employees and visitors.
What are day porter services? What areas of a building are maintained via day porter services?
Day porter services are extensive, and can include (but are not limited to):
- Picking up trash
- Washing windows
- Cleaning restrooms
- Restocking restroom supplies
- Mopping lobby floors
- Power-washing parking lots and sidewalks
- Cleaning counter tops
- Removing trash and replacing garbage bags
- Cleaning benches and dispensers in the parking lot
- Water plants in containers and pots (interior and exterior)
- Wiping down cafeteria tables
- Cleaning kitchen
- Washing and maintaining patio
- Cleaning off seats and chairs
- Conference room/event set-up
- Alerting management to repairs and facility issues
Day porter services can be used on a daily or as-needed basis, such as during a large conference, grand opening, or customer event. Day porters work in the parking lot, patio, lobby, conference rooms, office areas, restrooms, kitchens, cafeteria, and hallways.
What facilities require day porter services?
Almost every different kind of facility may require day porter services. Some facilities outsource day porter services as a cost-saving measure over the cost of additional staff, while other companies contact cleaning services for event day porter services. Churches, hospitals, retail, and manufacturing facilities all may hire day porter services.
To get quality day porter services, use these guidelines for selecting the right cleaning service for the job. Make a list of day porter services that your company needs, and contact a local cleaning service for a customized, free quote.