No matter what the ground hog predicted, spring fever is in the air. Wisconsin residents are ready for the warm spring temperatures, even though winter is in full force. While we can’t bring you spring, we can bring you spring cleaning tasks you can tackle even in the middle of our cold Wisconsin winter—spring cleaning tasks that are sure to bring hope for spring:
- Winter is an ideal time to sort, organize and clear out unwanted clutter. A few minutes of organizing and cleaning a day, or a few hours on one day, can keep your home neat, tidy and free of clutter.
- Remove cob webs. It’s amazing how even if you don’t see a spider, webs seem to magically appear throughout your home. Take a good broom to those pesky cob webs, and a towel to clean the walls around the web if needed.
- Clean tile grout. For tile in your bathroom or kitchen, give your tile a good washing and your grout a good scrubbing. Tile can be wiped down with a soft, non-abrasive cloth; grout should be cleaned with a brush specially produced for the project. Use water for mild dirt, or a vinegar-water mixture to lift the stains.
- Wash the inside of your windows. No one wants to be outside in the biting winds getting frostbite from our cold Wisconsin winter. Go after the problem from the inside; use a soft non-abrasive cloth for wiping the glass. Use a second rag to wipe down the window frame (do this before cleaning the glass).
- Blind and curtain cleaning. As long as you’re cleaning the window, you might as well clean the blinds and curtains too, right? Use a long narrow duster for plastic blinds, or spray and wipe down with a cloth. Throw washable curtains in the wash machine to give them a much-needed clean.
If you don’t have time for spring cleaning now or even in the spring, hire a professional cleaner to give your home a deep clean. We can’t give you spring, but we can give you a spring cleaning that makes you feel like it’s spring—even with a foot of snow outside.